Sunday, March 20, 2011

God of My Feebleness

My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. -Ps. 73:26

Webster's defines feebleness as the state of lacking strength or vigor. Sometimes we are physically feeble. We are exhausted. We have done so much that we lack strength in our physical bodies. This is what it means for our flesh to fail. Other times, our hearts our feeble. We are emotionally drained. Our thoughts are scattered. Our desire is lacking. This is what it means for our heart to fail.

In both cases, whether my heart or my flesh may fail, only God can replenish me. I must orient my heart and body to Him to regain strength. Isaiah compares this regaining of strength to an eagle, "Yet those who wait for the LORD will gain new strength; they will mount up with wings like eagles; they will run and not get tired; they will walk and not become weary" (40:31). When I am exhausted or drained, God is an endless source of new strength and vigor. God is the God of my feebleness.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Purdy! I really appreciate these posts. God has been bringing this verse up again and again in my life. I hope you're doing well brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jake.. yeah, I'm doing well.. just trying to learn how to be a great math teacher here in Memphis, TN :) I just got a job for next year teaching Algebra 2. It's gonna rock. Anyway, glad you like the posts, man!

    ReplyDelete